UCPath is improving the way that the University of California handles HR/payroll and other related business. Existing processes and technologies are not able to meet the needs of UC's complex and diverse employee population and changing business needs.
- UC employees perform manual calculations, work-arounds, corrections, and significant paper processing.
- UC’s current system is 35 years old and difficult to use and maintain.
UCPath will provide the following benefits to UC staff and faculty; UC campuses, health systems, and programs; and the UC system as a whole:
- High Quality Service for all UC Employees
- Agreed-upon service levels
- Additional hours of support and staff coverage
- Streamlined processing of routine transactions
- Repeatable, trackable, responsive service
- Decreased Risk for the UC System
- Standard business processes for all UC employees
- Highly automated, state-of-the-art technology
- More nimble, scalable business model
- Consistent Data for Reporting and Decision-Making
- Common data definitions across all locations
- Robust metrics and analytics; actionable information