Skip to content

UCPath Presents Progress Update at UC Regents Meeting

Date: 07-24-2017

On July 13, 2017, UCPath’s leadership team provided a detailed project update to the UC Board of Regents on UCPath’s business case, governance model, project costs and progress to date. The project has advanced steadily and will ultimately deliver a modernized human resource, payroll and benefits solution that can accommodate future growth of the UC system.

Key topics within the update included a summary of the current budget forecasts as detailed in the April 2017 update to regents, a policy revision for notifying and consulting with regents, and an updated forecast of campus UCPath implementation expenses.

With more than 220,000 employees across the UC system, UCPath is launching as a series of deployments to better ensure UCPath will work properly at each stage and be equipped to handle increasing amounts of data. During its initial launch to a group of 1,800 staff at the UC Office of the President, about 70 percent of UCPath’s design and functionality was complete, as planned. The remaining 30 percent, entailing the most complex processes, requires additional testing before UCPath can be deployed to all UC locations.

UCPath progress is building successfully toward the aim of supporting all UC locations by December 2018. Pilot campus deployment, targeted for December 2017, includes UC Los Angeles, UC Riverside, UC Merced and the Associated Students of UC Los Angeles. Deployment 1, targeted for July 2018, includes UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz and UC’s Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Deployment 2, targeted for December 2018, includes UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UC San Francisco, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and UC’s Hastings College of Law.

For more information, view the UCPath Regents Update and UCPath Discussion Item as provided to the UC Board of Regents.